- Is your Wifi router capable of delivering the speeds you are signed up for. (insert chart here)
- Is your Wifi working to the best of its ability. If you live close to your neighbors you may need to change the broadcast channel your router is using. If it’s your own router consult with the manufacturers web page for more information regarding that device.
- Check your connected smart home devices. Equipment like Wifi home security cameras, smart devices like Alexa, smart speakers, cloud based devices can affect your connection speed.
- Software based backup programs such as Carbonite or Idrive can also affect your connection speeds.
- Keep in mind your download speed can be slowed by a large amount of uploading, such as uploading large youtube videos.
- If you are curious to how much data your account has used please check https://cableamerica.openvault.us/um/index.action
- Do to the high demand created by the COVID-19 “stay at home” orders some neighborhoods are experiencing high network loads. We ask that to make sure we can provide the best experience to our home workers and students we have been asking our customers to disable ‘autoplay’ next episodes on their Netflix and other streaming accounts and suspend automatic Xbox and playstation updates. Please feel free to use these services please continue to do so, but if you are away from your device to implement these changes.
- If you feel that you cannot identify why your connection has slowed please contact our help desk : 866-871-4492 or email@example.com
- Are you experiencing slow speeds over a wifi connection? If so check the wifi standard you router is using. If it is more then a few years old you may have a bottleneck at your router.
- Check to make sure any attached devices like an Xbox or PlayStation isn’t updating while testing your connection.
|802.11a||54 Mbps is the maximum, but usually 6 to 24 Mbps||5 GHz||Not compatible with b or g networks. This is one of the oldest standards, but still in use by many devices today.|
|802.11b||11 Mbps||2.4 GHz||Compatible with g networks. Really, g was made to be backwards compatible with b to support more devices.|
|802.11d||N/A||N/A||D isn’t really a network type of its own. It includes additional information like access point information and other information specified by different country’s regulations. Usually, this is combined with other networks like 802.11ad.|
|802.11g||54 Mbps||2.4 GHz||The most popular network type. Its combination of speed and backwards compatibility makes it a good match for today’s networks.|
|802.11n||100 Mbps||2.4 and 2.5 GHz||The fastest type of network. 100 Mbps is common, though speeds of up to 600 Mbps is possible under perfect conditions. It does this by using multiple frequencies at once and joining that speed together.|
For some emergency cases (ie covid19) CableAmerica reserves the right to throttle some or all service tiers to ensure our network is capable of serving as many customers as we can at a satisfactory level.
You can view and download your channel guide here.
To check your Internet speed click on the speed test server that is closest to your location.
Mid-State: Including St. Robort, Fort Leonard Wood, Waynesville and surrounding areas:
Maryland Heights and surrounding areas:
Republic and surrounding areas:
Please note that the Internet Speed Test tool is designed to test subscriber speeds when connected to the CableAmerica network. Users of the Internet Speed Test tool will obtain different results based on their tier of CableAmerica Internet service, the type of Internet device or computer running the test, the network equipment such as a cable modem, router, or switch, and the type of connection, wired or wireless, that is used. For the most accurate results connect one computer directly to the cable modem.
WatchTVEverywhere is service from CableAmerica that lets you watch some of your favorite programs, including live sports, anywhere and anytime from your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Watch live programs from TNT, TBS, and Fox News and live sports from WatchESPN, The SEC Network, Golf and more. Over the coming months CableAwmerica will be adding many more networks to WatchTVEverywhere. Register your account today and start watching!
To register an account you must have a CableAmerica TV subscription. During the registration process you will need your CableAmerica account number and the last name of the account holder as it appears on your CableAmerica statement. It’s a good idea to reference your CableAmerica invoice while registering your account.
Click here for more information about WatchTVEverywhere.
To learn more about the difference between internet speed and data usage please refer to the article Understanding Internet Speed and Data Usage.
Data (or bandwidth) usage is the amount of content transferred to and from your computer through your cable modem. Usage consumption is not strictly correlated with the amount of time spent online. Although time spent surfing, streaming, downloading, uploading, etc. is a factor; the type of application used is an even more significant contributor to consumption. Different online activities require different usage amounts. For example, downloading a movie will use more of your usage allowance than sending a text email message, because the movie contains a lot more data than the email message. Video and high resolution photos typically drive the highest amounts of usage. Conversely, web surfing and email (without large attachments) consume less usage.
You can change your cablemo.net email address password by using our Email Password Tool. To use this tool you will need to know your current email password. If you cannot remember your email password contact our Help Desk at 1.866.871.4492 to have your password reset.
When configuring your CableAmerica email (@cablemo.net) use the following mail server addresses.
Incoming Mail (POP3): pop.cablemo.net (Port 110)
Outgoing Mail (SMTP): smtp.cablemo.net (Port 25)
Included with your CableAmerica Internet subscription is 7 email accounts. To set up your CableAmerica email account contact Help Desk at 1.866.871.4492 and a representative will assist in creating your account. Your email address will end in @cablemo.net.
The cost of cable keeps getting higher and higher leaving many consumers concerned and frustrated. CableAmerica understands these concerns and actively works with other local and independent cable providers to keep the cost of cable low.
For more information on our efforts and to learn why cable rates increase please visit www.tvonmyside.com.